Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Karen's Weekend in Seattle - Best Friend Time!

I am so blessed. With the world's best husband who is also an amazing Daddy, 3 sweet, handsome, healthy boys and friends who can warm my heart with just a thought or phone call.
So this weekend I went ALONE up to see my best friend ERIKA. Ahh, I love that girl. She is fun, energizing, thoughtful and honest.
I began my morning by getting dressed (nicely and with some attention to detail- obviously not narmal) and ready for the day. Gabriel walked into my bathroom to brush his teeth and asked, "Are we going to church now?"
"No, why Gabe?"
"Well Mom, you are wearing church clothes."
I just chuckled. I guess make-up and hair NOT in a ponytail with a blouse, sweater and jeans are enough to cause a stir in this house. Knuckle-head!
I rode Amtrak up to Seattle. It was great. I READ a novel- not a normal mom thing for me. I was alone and it was decently quiet. Again, weird. I was only responsible for me- refreshing!
So the first night E and I went to Delancey's for pizza. I saw it won BEST PIZZA in my Rachael Ray, was in Seattle and so Erika was game. The wait took forever, but lucky for us the bar Tarasco was open across the street. It was kind-of a dive, but in we went smiling. It had karaoke and pool and booze. Fun ~ could be? With your best friend ~ Absolutely!!! So in we went, Rum and Coke for me, Vodka Cran for E. Pool time!!! For $0.50 Erika and I played a hilarious game of pool. I won by a hair - one ball. Phew... We were both pretty horrible, but laughed like crazy.
After that we sat at the bar and I suggested karaoke. What did we have to loose? Nothing and we "needed" to make a mark on our time together in Seattle. So we sang - it was horrible and hilarious and FUN! After that we ran out laughing and headed back across the street for some DELICIOUS pizza. We chose the classic pepperoni and it was worth the wait!
After that, we headed back and went to bed around 11:30. Guess what? The next day, I SLEPT IN. I didn't even know if that was possible, but YEP. 9:30 baby! Ahhh.... felt like a piece of heaven.
The next morning we gabbed over fruit and tea. Yum-o! Two hours later we got ready for the day and headed to the Boat St. Cafe for lunch.
We had a lovely 1:00 brunch! Still chatting constantly with giggles throughout!


After that we decided that we should walk a bit before our massages.

This place is amazing. It is right downtown by the Seattle Art Museum.


You could see the ferries in the Sound behind you.


And downtown in front of you, with sculptures all around.


Then we headed to Spa Ananya. We both were pampered for 1 hour. OK, best massage ever. She was amazing. The eighty dollars were the best money I have spent in a long time. Thanks Corey!! Plus I could just relax knowing the kids were doing great with Corey. We went to dinner at a Thai restuarant after that, then home and watched THE SOUND OF MUSIC. We both knew every song!

It was such a great time. It was fun to go and good to come home. I had FUN, was RELAXED, and felt REFRESHED. Thank you Erika for hosting me. It was a perfect weekend.







2 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

Aawwww! Sounds like such a fun getaway!! P.S. - if I was in the bar on your karaoke night, I would've BOOOED you just to make you blush even harder. HA!!

Heidi said...

You girls look beautiful! I'm so glad you had a wonderful relaxing weekend! Sleeping in until 9:30am? I am SO jealous!!