Thursday, April 1, 2010

Our New Treehouse

"I'm as lucky as can be, for the world's best Dad belongs to me!" ~ Gabe, Gavin, and Grant
My husband is amazing. He can do anything or build anything!
I took a nap a few weeks back and when I woke up Corey had begun building a treehouse.
Gavin and Grant love being outside. While Gabe was "helping" Daddy, Gavie and Grant-Grant were picking the grass! I love kids! :)
Corey is amazing to me and impresses me all the time, but one thing that I have learned/am learning is not to put things off. Just get in and do it ~ then it's done and you can relax, feel proud and enjoy a finished product. Corey never lets time get away from him.
Corey is also so good at letting the boys help. "Help" isn't fast or effecient, but it is special and teaches important things to our boys. They have an amazing dad!
Corey is wants to make sure that his boys know that he VALUES them. He doesn't want to promise something (a tree fort) and then become too busy to ever finish it. Corey jumps right in and makes memories for/ and with his boys.
This was frightening for our boys because of the noise, but were still mesmorized by it! Power tools!
Corey also has worked hard gaining the boys' trust. Here is an example of how much Gabriel trusts his Daddy.
1. On the top platform....
2. Jumping to Daddy-O....
3. Safely in Daddy's arm....

Update: The platform is done and completed. Corey is now working on the railing and then the ladder pulley system. The ladder will stay pulled up, so that way the boys can't get into it without a parent pulling down the ladder. Yet one can mow and not have a laddder in the way. My husband is BRILLANT. We love that Mr. Cowart!

No comments: