Tuesday, December 13, 2011

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree - How lovely is your Scent!

Yeah, it's up!

 Corey and I took the munchkins up to the Christmas Tree Farm on Monday after work and found us a tree.  It was cool and dry, so we did it. 
 Here is the tree Gabe picked!
 Here is the Tree Grant picked!
 Here is the tree Gavin picked.
 THIS IS THE ONE WE (COREY AND I) CHOSE!
 We made quick work of sawing it down, with all the munchkins "helping" Daddy!  Then while they were shaking and binding it up, we helped ourselves to candy canes and cocoa.  Ahh... all while sitting by the warm of a crackling fire.  It was so dreamy.  And due to the fact it was a Monday afternoon, we were pretty much the only people there!  So fun, so special and so quick.
 We took our beauty home and decorated it right up.  Corey opted for LED lights and got white (which are a glaring blueish) instead of color.  We both think that we will re-invest next year for color. 
 We don't have a themed tree, just sweet memories and favorite ornaments.
 I also got right on wrapping presents, and the boys wrapped some too.  They were pretty proud of themselves.  
And then, not to be out done, I quickly busted out the decorations and hung the stockings with care.

I love Christmas.  I love the music, joy, magic, nativity.  Mittens, cocoa, sugar cookies and gingerbread houses.  The tree, the lights, the scent of evergreen and gifts.

I love the LOVE.  Merry Christmas sweet friends.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Looks lovely! I love the smell too - can't get enough! I've been burning the Better Homes & Gardens Balsam Fir wax tarts throughout the house so it smells like a tree farm over here!

I love your new header and blog design! Merry Christmas!

Andrea said...

Ohhhhh! I miss Farrell Farms! Such the perfect place to take kiddos!