Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas is the BEST time of the YEAR.

Christmas...  ahhh, I love it.  Just about everything about it.  I love the tree in the house, getting GOOD mail and seeing pics of all of our families and friends, baking, treats, secrets and gifts.  I love the focused attention on God and his gift to us.  Yes, I adore Christmas and here is a snapshot of the Cowart Clan's Christmas Season.

We began with a plethora of crafts.  Sorry that I am type-A about my munchkins clothes and make them take it off.  My hubby even was happy to paint a gingerbread man.
 They were from brown, grocery bags.  Thank you Trader Joe's!  Holiday crafts - love them!
 Then the stockings- ahhh.... I love how festive they look, and how ghetto my and Corey's old stockings look.  Corey and I originally had the red and white ones, Gabe the RED one, but after the twins, life picked up speed and Corey and I just kept our O*L*D ones.  Maybe green and white ones soon???  Maybe!!!  :)
 Heck I even like stockings on my boys head as they play SANTA.  Hilarious the things that "santa" says!
 Baking...  yummy.  I love organized fun.  It's the Type A teacher in me.  Fun, artsy, but controlled and organized.  Yes, that is how I roll! 
 Plates full of wildly sprinkled cookies
 Outdoor decorations.  The house lit up is so pretty.  The kids loved our"happy, twinkling little home."
 Winter clothes- reindeer, santas and NEW CLOTHES - errr, a reason to shop!
 Corey ADORES making a gingerbread house with our boys.  He looks forward to it every year.  We opted for the Trader Joe HAUS this year vs. the Costco kit.  Costco's is a better gingerbread kit and more fun to decorate, in case you NEEDED to know!  :)
 Ta-Da!!  It's done.  There are my boys (plus my cutie nephew Lance).
 Then the Christmas parties and get-togethers began.  OH YEAH!!!  So fun to see all of the extended family up in The Dalles.
 Then we stayed for the weekend.  3 Generations Right there!!!
 Presents ga-LORE from Ma'zy and Papa John.  Gabe got his "BEST GIFT!"
 And with the gorgeous December we were still able to take some 4 Wheelin' rides.  Love the Dalles!
 After that, I cranked out some Christmas Cards, 83 to be exact!  Eesh!
 Winter Gear- hats, sweaters, mittens and gloves.  Oh, the cuteness!  Gavin
 My sweet, bundled little Grant
 Christmas Eve came quick and after church service we spent Christmas Eve at my parents.
 My family was all there!
 My dad read the Christmas story.
 My babes cuddle down to listen.
 My brother Andy and prego Sarah, with Lance were there.
 Also my sis Hannah and Darby with Lainey and Tobias were there.  It was fun, perfect.
 Then Christmas morning, EARLY,  (see the barely light outside) we had our own Christmas morning family time.  The boys were darling in their matchy Christmas PJs.
 Presents were so fun.  They know about secrets and openning this year.  They are getting so grown-up!
 Jesus is the reason, and I am so blessed that I have a godly husband leading our family. 
 He is my best friend, and our kids filled that empty spot in our family until our heart and home is overflowing with giggles and LOVE.  God has been so GOOD to us.  We are so grateful for His generous blessings.  Much love, The Cowart Clan
I hope your Christmas was amazing.  So...., how was it!?!?!?!? 

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Really nice family photos, Karen! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas, it is always so nice to hear the way you count your blessings, it encourages me to do so as well! :) Hey, I think maybe the comments thing is working again!