Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankfulness Challenge: Week 2

** this Halloween** Oct. 2010

This Monday is week 2 of the THANKFULNESS CHALLENGE. The focus is :


My favorite thing about my Husband (or Family).


My favorite thing about my family is Corey my husband. Here is why:


1. He loves and pursues God. He gets up even EARLIER than needed just to ensure that he is in the WORD daily before work. He seeks God's will in his life, and in leading our family.


2. He leads our family. Corey is not a push-over. Corey uses wisdom to make decisions; they are thougthful, loving and wise. I think much more in the moment and appreciate his LONG TERM planning. Even if I don't agree, when we sit down and talk, I almost always end up seeing why he is leading our family the way he is choosing to and often, by the end, I am usually on board 100%.


3. Corey is a great communicator. He never yells, inimidates, plays games, manipulates, etc. He is honest and staight forward. Working out our (rare) disagreements are priority.


4. He is the best Daddy known to man. You know when your children yell, "Goodie! Goodie Daddy's home." or "Get ME Daddy" that your children are head over heels for the man known as Daddy. He doesn't just have children, he loves them, cherishes them, and shows them his love and attention daily.


5. He balances me. I can be dramatic. :) Maybe passionate is the word, but I jump into things. Corey never forces things, what 9 years of wonderful marriage has taught me is to HAVE FAITH IN COREY, IN HIS LOVE, AND IN HIS WANTING THE BEST FOR ME. When Corey speaks, I listen because I can trust him. He has earned it a MILLION times over.


6. The Man loves me and desires the best for me, and works every day so that I can live my dream of being a stay at home mommy while our munchkins are young.


7. Seriously, he is SUCH a catch. Smokin' hot, physically fit, handsome and has the best heart ever.


8. This man is truly the hardest worker I know. He doesn't do anything part-way. Everything is done well (near perfect). He is an assest to any team/group he is on or in.


9. He is wise beyond years. People seek him out for advice (older people) because God has bestowed great wisdom on him.


10. Corey has never, EVER made me doubt his love or affection for me. EVER. He has made me secure in knowing that I am a PRIORITY for him. Me and our fabulous boys.


11. He helps me discipline. I teach; I know kids; but these 3 don't go home and I don't get a break, and support is important and unreplaceable, especially on THOSE DAYS. My kids don't GET MY GOAT very often, but some days I am DONE and unsure of how to best handle situations. He handles every situation well, with love and respect, while disciplining our boys.


12. He is the best, most deserving of respect of anyone I know. He has integity. Seriously, I have never seen him treat someone unfair, unkind, etc.


13. While deathly sick fighting Crohn's Disease, my husband went to work EVERY flippin' day. He never fails to provide or shirk ANY responsibility. People are constantly asking my husband for help and he is great and helpful, yet never letting it interfere with his us (his family.)


14. I am confident that he will be able to raise (with me) THREE godly, wise men. They have the best role-model for what a godly man does, and how he acts and behaves.


15. Plus, the man can fix anything. That is "handy" to have around!


I love that man more than I dreamed possible. I really, REALLY do have THEE BEST HUSBAND IN THE WORLD. I know others say that, but sorry, I have him. :) * no disrespect* I treasure this man. He is my best friend. I am over the moon for him. I pray for many more years with this amazing man. Everyone else knows how great he is, and I am just grateful to have "landed" such a catch! He is the foundation of our family leading us towards God.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

My goodness, dear, I almost cried reading this! It is just not often any more that you read such loving, respectful remarks toward a godly husband. Very nice!!