Thursday, December 17, 2009

Horrible Morning

Worst Day in a While!

My day was starting out rough. All three of my children had bumps or goose eggs on their head or face and it was only 8:30 in the morning. So I laid Baby Lance *nephew* down for his morning nap and decided we needed a safer game / activity to play.

So I thought that we should color. I set out the markers and paper, gave strict guidelines and boundaries as to where to color *on the paper* and watched for a minute to make sure that they understood, GREAT. But the next thing I notice- 10 seconds later- is Gavin has colored all over my floor while staring me down. Marker Malfunction.... He cleans it up and then heads to his room for a spanking.

Well, while Mr. Naughty Britches is in there, he pees on the Bean Bag chair. (He was told not to talk or get off the beanbag chair until I came in for his spanking.) Obeying or out of spite- I really don't know, but now the bean bag chair smells like PEE. Ughh..... Grrr......

So I begin to wrestle out 27 million static-y sterofoam balls into my garbage pail. It is taking forever, I am sweating, and their are balls everywhere. I am ticked.





So I get it done and then command my kids to wash for lunch and get in their chairs for lunch. I slap pb&j's together faster than anything ever seen (because Lance will be waking up needing a bottle and whatnot) when I hear SCREAMING. Not normal- pain, hurt screaming- stop your heart screaming. I fly into the bathroom where I see my twins with Mentholatum Vapor Rub all over their face and in their eyes. *gavin is a climber and grant is the opener


I call try to wipe off with a towel, but it is greasy and thick. I call the doctor, they tell me to call poison control. They tell me to: papoose the child in a towel, gently (ha!) pry open the eye and do a 5 min. eye rinse / per eye / per child. I tried... They cried, I cried... I practically sat on them holding them down. It was awful.
Lunch and NAP time. It was a rough day...







4 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Karen! I'm so sorry! They are so lucky to have you as their mom. I think I would have called Tony at work crying and tried to escape the house. You're a great mother! p.s. Are their eyes ok now?!

Laurel said...

Oh no! You should have called me. I could have taken Lance or Gabe off your hands for a while. Hugs mama, you need a foot rub!

erinz said...

So sorry to hear that! I hope the boys are doing better now. We all have those terrible stories. When Matty was two, he fell off a chair (while we were making cookies) & had his front tooth knocked out (root & all). I still feel awful about that!

Anonymous said...

Your intent in spanking is to raise "Godly children"...same as my parents. Unfortunately what they did raise was a spanking fetishist.