Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Ways I KNOW spring is coming!

1. Cherry Festival in the Dalles, OR. So OF COURSE we headed up there to see the blooms, visit the in-laws and go to the Cherry Festival Parade, which as become known as the CANDY PARADE.


I want to give a big cheer out to "old" fashion toys - like Tinker Toys, Link-n-Logs, Legos, etc. Still great and kids LOVE them!!! Gabriel totally ROCKED it and built these by himself! I was impressed! Get buildin' boy!!


2. The calves are being born. We went to go and see Papa John's and Ma'zy's cows. The calves were so cute!
But not cuter than my two little ones!

The boys LOVED the calves. We definitely made the cows a little nervous, but, it was worth it. The boys love animals (ADORE) and cows are furry and cute when little!
Happy little Grant!
Gavin was wanting to go and feed the trout now in the pond! Spring is here and the TROUT are hungry!


3. Picnics and Tea Parties. Well, I loved tea parties, and sometimes I get somewhat bummed at NOT having a girl. You know ~ like I missed out on Mary Poppins watching, Sound of Music reenactments, Ballet lessons, frilly Easter outfits, doing braids/bunsies/and ribbons, ruffly-butt tights and Mother/Daughter shopping trips.
AnyWHO.... My mother-in-law Sandy bought this cute little Curious George Tea Party set to have. So we set up the Thomas the Train Tent and the tea party began with a lesson on politeness and manners, followed by tea and snacks!
Grant liked the Craisins.
Look at the cute Curious George set. They drank 3 POTS of tea. :)
Cream and sugar? Yes please! ** I guess I am not missing out on tea parties now!
4. And last but not least ~ a parade! Yes, spring is HERE!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

A Curious George tea set?! That's SO cool! I MUST get one for my little nephew and his Momma who is sometimes a bit sad for the little girlie things she's missing, too.