Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Privacy Please???

Setting the stage:


  • Gifts I "give" all my kids-

1. 1 year- wean from nursing- slowly but deliberately


2. 1 year- snip the tops of each pacifier- when they realize they don't suck, they show me that they are broken and I tell them to throw it away. When they want it later I tell them that they already threw it away. Never has been an issue.


3. 2 years- lose the crib and into a "big" boy crib, and in exchange let them chew (monitored) gum since they are a big boy.


4. 2 years- potty-trained (start at 20 months and trained by 2 years.)


5. 3 years- stop dressing/being naked in front of them.


THUS BEGINS THE STORY......


So my boys still want to shower with me some mornings, I don't mind, but they are too old to be taking a typical shower with me. I decided, "No big deal. I will put on my swimsuit, and we can all shower."


Mr Gabriel "Big-Shot" Cowart figures it out that it is due to me wanting some privacy because I am a GIRL. I tell him that is true. He decides he probably needs some privacy too. Sure... whatever.... He gets his suit.
Gavin and Grant figure it is a POOL PARTY and not to be outdone by big bro get their suits on too.

So, here is a normal view of our shower. Toys and swimsuits.

Ahhh.... for the love of boys. What is a little bit more laundry. What are a few more toys going to hurt. They are squeaky clean, hilarious and happy.

Plus no more banging on the door, prying open of the door, or yelling/shreiking of "I am almost out! Give me a minute." or the constant thought of "Was that crying? Is someone hurt? Are they OK out there?"


We are all in here. Suited up. Happy and Clean!


2 comments:

Heidi said...

So cute! Now, what kind of advice to you have regarding going to the bathroom alone???!!! It's been ages since I've gone to the bathroom by myself! And now, Oliver thinks it's hilarious to "find my belly button" during the process! May the Lord help me! :-)

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

We also cut the top of a pacifier, worked like a charm :)!