Saturday, April 2, 2011

He's Gone!!

So, I mentioned in a prior posting that I had gone up to Seattle to see my prego friend Tess while Corey and Gabriel flew to New Mexico with Ma'zy (Grandma Sandy) to see Corey's brother Casey. I don't doubt Corey's ability to parent, care for, comfort, or watch Gabe in any way. I am just slightly (or a LOTly) a control-freak about my precious children. They are a BIG deal to me. I am ridiculously OVER THE MOON for them. They are my sunshine, but I gladly let them go knowing Corey would have a great time with Casey, Gabriel is IN LOVE with Ruby and Claire too, they would meet little baby IAN, and have a wonderful time all around.
So, I "let" him go.

He had a great time with Daddy and Ma'zy. The twinnies and I had a BLAST. It was good all round. Here is the recap..... :)

They pack up and we drop them off. Gabe freaks and cries a little. I choke up but then brush it off and tickle and tease him reminding him of the fun and spoiling to come. Kisses and hugs. Here is the little flyer.
Just passed security, whew! Gabe and Ma-zy!
Gabriel working on a workbook to pass the time.
Gabriel meeting Baby Ian. Yup ~ he's 8 months! :)
A trip to Chuck E. Cheese ~ serious FUN TIMES (if you are 6 and under!)
4 of the 5 cousins (minus Ian)

Haley, Claire, Ruby Gabe
The big boys (Daddies)
Haley Girl ~ Cutie Patootie!!!
The big kids! They are growing up ~ notice the suits. ;) Ruby celebrated turning 6 while they were there!!!
Hmmm... Turn for the worst. The munchkins have influenza. The 4 Cowart kids were sick, Sandy got it the first 24 hrs., Corey 2nd to the last day, Gabe the last day. Poor Gang!!


Thank goodness though, I was in slight FREAKING mode when my little one was sick and NOT with me. "Gabe is sick? How sick? Get him home quick OK Corey? Please? You're sick? Sandy's sick too?" Party's over ~ see you in 4 hours. "Leave the littles? Ok, I'll find a sitter. Quarantine Gabe? OK, I'll make him a pallet in the play room. Hurry home QUICK!! Love you, Bye!"

Gabe's final response, " I am glad I went, but we are only going on WHOLE FAMILY vacations from now on! Ahhh.... I think he missed me.

1 comment:

FilledToTheBrim - Kate said...

Oh I 'm sure he missed you :). Such cute pictures!