Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Crafts with Munchkins ~ Sentimental types!

I have boys who are growing at a SLIGHTLY alarming rate. My children will within 10 years all be bigger, taller, stronger than me. So I S*A*V*O*R the little, bittyness of my lovies. Their hands are precious, so I created some crafts to FREEZE (read: treasure or sob over some day!) their little fingers and thumbs.


Now ~ they are boys so painting (messy) is BRILLIANT FUN to them. And me with my teacher-ness love doing crafts and how creative and bright the outcome is. Indiviual creativity always comes FLYING out of each little monkey!

So we made hand print butterflies.


To make:


1. Have the child spread out both hands with thumbs together.


2. Adult traces and cuts out lableling date and name on back!


3. Time to paint. The easiest way to paint in my humble opinion is: buy crayola washable paint ($5 @ Target for about 7/8? colors), put some of each color on a paper plate or if out, a coffee filter.


4. Hand children paint brushes and have them paint, squeezing off the colors when they switch! 5. Glue on googly eyes and we put on pom-poms.


Ta-Da!
6. Put magnet on back and have on the fridge!


Seriously ~ it took 15 minutes and they LOVE them and were so proud of them. We gave them to Grandma for her birthday. Precious, personal and pretty!!!!! :)


Well, now I want some "little hands" for me, so we made some handprint lambs. To complete our MARCH in like a lion, out like a lamb. Our lions were fun too, but these priceless! 1. Trace and cut out hand. 2. Date and name on back. 3. Kiddos glue on cotton balls and googly eyes. 4. Paint legs. 5. Draw on mouth! I love how CUTE these were, precious for me, and EASY. My boys love these and I made one too. Ours are on display in the kitchen window! Super cute, and I am keeping these FOREVER!
Just don't forget to date. They are so small now and if you are half as busy as me, you will forget the date quicker than you could imagine!


So start crafting. It's easy, fun and not too messy or expensive. Plus kids BURST with creativity and pride when they create mini masterpieces!


Have fun! Happy spring crafting!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love them!! I really enjoy your posts on crafts and ideas here. I am not inclined to let the kids have fun and be creative with anything that could get messy, so this is encouraging to me and you make it look so simple!