Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weekend with Daddy-O!

When I was up in Seattle visiting my best friend Erika, Corey was home having a BLAST with our 3 amazing boys.
Now I left on a Friday night and Corey and the boys took me to Amtrak. It was the first time that they had seen a train up close. Gavin and Grant FREAKED OUT when I got on (I think they thought that it was swallowing me up whole, as the train rolled in, I got on, and it rolled away!) Corey took the boys to the toy store, just to recover and start off the weekend right.
Corey kept saying that it was going to be some "hard knocks" for the boys since Mama was gone. I really don't think that I am THAT EASY on them, but whatever.
They had a phenomenal weekend, but here is a lesson that Gabe learned that weekend. Food is a blessing that we are thankful for - not a right ( a privilege. )
Roll camera....
Corey gets the boys ready for breakfast and is making pancakes.
They are A-DORABLE!!
Seriously..... is he a fun dad, OR WHAT!?!? :)

Gabe walks into the kitchen and says, "EW...."


Corey tells him, that was rude. You aren't eating after that comment. Gabe says, "You HAVE TO feed me." Corey, "No, I don't."
So, plate was removed and Gabe sat in his room while the other 3 enjoyed a lovely breakfast.


Gabriel, came out later and apologized profusely, and then ate his cold pancake alone with only the company of his tears.

While this is sad, what a lesson to learn about graciousness, thankfulness and not being rude. Gabe has been so appreciative of his food and the people who prepare it ever since. Way to go to the best dad in the world. I love your support in taking an active role in teaching and training our boys in RESPECT, LOVE and GODLINESS. It is good to learn lessons young!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hear you guys and that exchange was not the kindest however playin’ Devil’s Advocate w/all due respect presuming you would allow me that privilege using that terminology — of course I don’t know whether or not Mr. Gabe had ever/has eaten hotcakes made into shapes ever before or since that instance and/or topped w/anything other than syrup but I still cannot help but wonder if that was another issue at play in that moment and/or possibly that seemed to look unappetizing to him thru “ABSOTIVELY POSILUTELY” no fault of Daddy’s.....but again I willingly acknowledge Mr. Gabe’s word choice wasn’t the most positive and thus it was a “painful lesson” to be learned please forgive that
word phrase choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!