Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I just turned my back for ONE minute and.... !!!!

So I decided that I wanted to be a good mom and get out the markers for them all to do some artistic coloring. Plus it has been BLAZING hot out, so we would do some coloring inside. I explain, show, model and example how and where we color. I then watch and monitor how all 3 of them are doing. They are all doing great. They are staying on the paper, not eating the markers, so I (foolishly) decide to leave the room, since they are all coloring so nicely.
Hmm... that might have been a bad decision.
Take a look.
I heard Gabe say, " Umm, Mommy. You need to come in here. Bad babies!"
OH BOY!!

Grant did some body tatoo-ing.



So did Gavin, and proudly!


Just as I am veiwing this disaster, *of course* I hear the garage door go up, Corey coming in. No hiding this disaster zone and I just brace for the "Why weren't you watching them Karen? Were you on Facebook?"
Needless to say the markers were washable. Now I have "color wonder" paper and markers that only show up on specific paper, but show up clear on skin and walls.
A wipe on the floor and quick bath and all was well. Goodness sakes, don't turn your back on these kiddos for even a minute. Marker Mayhem!!!

1 comment:

Chris and Sarah said...

At least you were quick enough to get your camera and capture their mischievous behavior! Now THAT'S a good mom! Blackmail!