Thursday, July 5, 2012

Walla Walla WA - ROCKS!!! Who knew?

Walla Walla, Washington

Whew... that's a tongue twister.
Anywho.....

So, Corey's brother Casey (and his family) just moved up here from New Mexico to Walla Walla.  And although we have SEEN them, we hadn't seen their place yet, so we made a trek up there, only my Mother-In-Law told me it was too small.  So we would need a motel--  Well... I didn't want to pay for one, so I asked my Aunt Cheryl if you could stay with her.  She said sure and here we are.

My Aunt Cheryl is full of life and LOVES kids.  I would shower and she would take the boys on adventure walks.  A highlight for my monkeys for SURE!!!
 Oh, and they had animals.  The cat was sweet- Muffin.  Nicest cat I have ever met!
 We brought my mom, as Cheryl was my mom's college roommate; and my dad's cousin; and set up my parent's on a blind date---  finally resulting in ME!  Fun times!
 Their dog was a love- my boys want a dog SO INCREDIBLY BAD- did I tell you yet we are getting one?  Soon, like in a few weeks????  Am I crazy????
 This was the view out the window I saw.  3 boys (backsides) and a sweet pup!
 What are they looking at do you ask?  Well tadpoles.... which we brought 9 home.  How Cheryl and the boys talked/conned me into that I don't know!  :)
 They would catch and release all day.
 OH YEAH---  Our cousins... well Cheryl told us to suggest a parade to the cousins since it was in the local town of Dayton.  So fun, quaint, and perfect size and length.  It was Small Town America at it's best!
 The littlest boys and then we headed to this AMAZING park in Dayton, WA.  It has water features, playground, trails and nature with tons of grass and river flowing through it.
 Sarah Cowart with her 3 youngest and my 3 loves.
 Here is Corey (the hubby) and Sandy (MIL) and Casey (BIL)    Ahhhh...  It is so great to have family close.  I don't know if you do, but I always enjoy time spent with family.  Nieces, nephews, hubbub and always lots of food and laughter!
 Now, I also like animals.  Dogs and cats are fine--- but HORSES, OH BABY!    I was thrilled at a chance to ride.  My boys have NEVER, EVER been around horses and Cheryl and I got to take the boys riding.  It was amazing.  The monkeys were in AWE of how big the horses were when you are up close.
 I might have gone for a ride by myself too without the loves.
 All in all the boys were happy to stay at Cheryl and Mike.  Jay-Jay the dog, Muffin the cat, the tadpoles, and horses.  REALLY- fun!!!!!!
After all that fun though, Walla Walla wasn't to be outshone by Dayton.  The shops, the coffee, the wine tasting rooms, feel of the town, beauty of the area, the restuarants, and farmer's market make it perfect.  Making you feel ready to return to Walla Walla as soon as you leave.

I hope you can get over there!  Amazing places those Eastern Washington Towns.  Happy Travels!
Any other cute, fun, little great towns that you and your family love?

4 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

Ok, LOVE IT! Did you know I was born in Dayton and lived there for a few years? My dad used to be the caretaker for the city park and cemetery...mowed the lawn, groomed the grounds, etc..... it's the best small town EVER!

cowartclan said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? My dad graduated from HS there. So crazy Sarah, and the park was AMAZING!! A place to take Mo-Mo and Chris!

erinz said...

Yay for YOU getting your boys a dog!!! What breed? So excited for you ALL!☺

Mary LeFore said...

I grew up across the border in Milton Freewater! Walla Walla was the hang out spot cuz it was "big city":) I always enjoy visiting. Let me know if you go again and want some ideas for fun things to do and eat:)