Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Besties and Big Days

So, I got to go to Seattle and catch up with a dear friend.  We had kinda "drifted...."

We are in different life stages, and I am not as "available" as I once was.

I am not sure whether we can financially swing her destination wedding.  It saddens me as I NEVER, EVER dreamed that I wouldn't be a part of her BIG day.  She is one of my 2 best friends in the world.   Boo...  So I decided I am going up to Seattle.  I would not include my hubby and kids in the trip, and her man would be busy too.  It was just me and E for 24 hours.  It was amazing.  I felt so much more closer and in the loop. 

We went and finalized her dress, and final fitting.  Isn't it perfect for a sunset wedding on the BEACH?!?!?!

We went over all the details.  Photographer, dress, hair ideas, reception, location, jewelery, shoes, and resort wear.

We laughed til we cried, made fresh hilarious memories, ate delish treats (Hello Molly Moon Ice Cream) and caught up.  It was so fun to feel so bonded, our friendship so sweet and treasured, and for us to have so much UNINTERUPTED time.  (Sorry, but my family just is at that stage where they NEED mom- A LOT.)

 So we tried the dress,
 Tried out some hair ideas,
Looked at shoes, bought jewelery, and got her TWO new swimsuits and cover-ups.

It was amazing.  I love those friendships that go through ups and downs but you know are the ones that matter- LIKE forever.  You will be besties until heaven calls!  I am so excited for my sweet friend.  I can't wait for her bachelorette party next month- and another weekend with my sweet posse of besties!  ahhh...

So hug your besties or call them today.  Best friends are far and few between- and totally worth the work to keep improving the relationship.

Cheers to all my sweet friends out there in BLOG LAND!!!

No comments: