Thursday, March 31, 2011

Because I CAN...... So we DO!!!!!!!!

Sugar Cookies... Ummm, well yes it is a holiday thing. Yup, I have Christmas, Hearts and a pig and Mickey Mouse cookie cutters... Oh well.


It starts with Corey and his big yapper. "Wow, Gabe you are so good at Play Dough. I bet you could make sugar coo... (NO COREY! DON"T SAY IT!!!!!!!!!!) kies all by yourself. (Sure- he could whip it up, roll them, bake them - What the?! He's 4.) Mom might let you if you have been really good." (Deep cleansing breathes.) "Can we Mom? Please Mommy? Ok Mama? Right now MO-OM?" I cast an icy stare at Corey. He grins and says, "Ohhhhh... sorry babe." "Tomorrow Gabriel. Give me time to finish dinner. I THINK DADDY WANTS TO PLAY WITH YOU!" I wink, Corey laughs and off they go to play swords and pirates until dinner. Ahh... I love that man! He is my Mr. Wonderful ~ plus it is HOT seeing your man playing with your beloved kids.


Thus begins the cookie making. Whole wheat dough (ya know ~ to off set the word SUGAR somewhat, MAYBE?) made that night after dinner with 3 mini chefs, rolled, cookie cuttered and baked the next day and then Friday frosting/decorating/eating!!! Here begins the best part. We even have Ellie here for the fun!


1. PICK A COLOR. 2. HAVE UTENSILS LAID OUT - knives, frosting, cookies, and done place.


3. ADD FOOD COLORING

4. STIR! They are so EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's why I do it. For those grins.
5. INSTRUCT, "Don't lick it. You can eat them when you are DONE!"
6. GIVE A QUICK DEMO ON FROSTING.
7. PAY ATTENTION - or else someone will dye their fingers. Ahhh... c'mon!!!
8. REPEAT - PAY ATTENTION! Crap, obviously to the sprinkling too!
9. Shake it off and relax, but seriously don't leave or turn your back!!!
10. SMILE AT HOW MUCH FUN THEY ARE HAVING!
11. TAKE A QUICK PICTURE OF THEIR MASTERPIECES. YUMMY!
12. EAT!
(Yup, lots of Christmas trees, santa, and hearts)
(Here is Mickey Mouse, gingerbread boys, double hearts as shamrocks and headless angels to be bunnies.)
Oh well, I love these rascals. Aren't they cute!
Oh, and the whole wheat sugar cookies were as good as they were fun!! SCORE!!!! :) Knowing me I will probably make them again, just for the FUN of it!!!

3 comments:

Laurel said...

Fun!

Chris and Sarah said...

Hey! I thought you were doing no sugar these days!

cowartclan said...

Ya, these are old pictures. I am trying to catch up. :)