Friday, July 8, 2011

Land of the FREE (and Fun!)

America, America ~ yes, you are the land that I love. I LOVE our nation. We are blessed with wealth and opportunity. The sky truly is the limit in America. And freedom, what an amazing gift we are given as Americas. Now I know that America doesn't have it all together or do it all right, but we do live in an incredible country, one that I LOVE.


For the LOVE of the 4th ~ oh!!! My husband loves hosting, and the 4th of July is a holiday he goes a little crazy on. He spends insane amounts of money on fireworks because he knows his little boys will love it, and he wishes his Dad did that with him when he was young. So the above picture was DAY 1 the first $180.00, and they went everyday after that until the 4th. We had a little show almost every evening too!
Gabe doing some sparklers.

Gavin and Grant "hiding" with Ma'zy!

Niece Alaina, Nephew Toby, Rileigh, and Gabe lighting fireworks. Gabe couldn't sit still the WHOLE time of fireworks. He is such a PYRO and in LOVE with fireworks (just like Daddy!)

But before that we had a HECK of a day starting at 4:00pm. We had a slip-n-slide for the kiddos.

It was Gavin and Grant's first slip-n-slide and they kept talking over strategy. They are so cute!

Picking some grass out of the end pool ~ ummm.... good luck!



We had a tournament of Bean Bag Toss and Lasso Golf. It was super fun!

My parents in the final four of bean bag. Jack Johnson won the BEAN BAG tournament ($10 to Starbucks).

Karen and Rileigh in the final four of Lasso Golf. Oh yeah I won her ~ I love Starbucks and had no mercy on the teens playing. I love to win ~ I might be a little competitive.

Corey playing Uncle Brad from the Scooter. He beat Corey... go figure!

Jack Johnson ALSO won the lasso golf. Guess who is NOT invited next year! :)

All in all we had a fabulous time. The fireworks were amazing! The food fantastic! The company superb!

Corey and his Mom.

My Parents ~ Larry and Donna

My sister Hannah and Darby.

Jack and his boys ~ Jakoby and Jack-Jack

My bro Andy, Sarah and Lance!

And us! My family that although I love America, and a good excuse for a celebration, all I need to be happy is to be with these four guys! I love them. God has blessed me in EVERY WAY!

1 comment:

SavvyLittleWomen-Kate said...

Just stopping in and catching up...I am SO behind! Looks like you all had a great 4th, love the pics!