Saturday, December 25, 2010

ZOO Lights @ Washington Park Zoo!

I enjoy Christmas Lights, adore a deal (try free zoo pass memebers), and L*O*V*E being with my family. So Corey and I packed up the munchkins and my niece and nephew and headed off to the ZOO at Washington Park on a freezing cold Wednesday Night.
The lights were fun, beautiful and mesmorizing!
Welcome to ZOO Lights!
Here's the Gang: Tobias, Gabriel, Grant, Alaina, YOURS TRULY, and Gavin
Our first peek!
Ohhs... and Ahhs... continually for the next 2 and 1/2 hours!
It was my first time at ZOO Lights and everyone said that we HAD to ride the train. Here was our ride! See a video at the bottom of the FUN lights!
While you wait for the train this area changes for each seasons with roses to pumpkins and fall, to winter snow and spring with animals and flowers. It was impressive and stunning!
OH! and my youngest 2 are OBSESSED with polar bears. They freaked out and stalked him around the zoo! :)
Here we are in the millions of lights. It was so fun and lots of the displays show animals "moving" through a scene. (ex. monkey swinging throught the trees, etc.)
I love these guys!
Here is where we stopped for hot chocolate and ELEPHANT EARS! Warm and tasty!
Gabriel was tickled over the little gingerbread, candy house.
This was my favorite area. It was the african plains with animals "moving" all over the pavillion.
Alrighty, getting tired ~cold ~ whiny ~ Corey and I decided it was time to High-Tail it out of here. My philosophy is get while the getting is good. DO NOT wait until the kiddos fall apart to leave.
So we found Rudolph on the way out and go a fun, family picture! Wow! We are all looking! *Honestly check out the hotty hubby in the beanie who is THEE BEST dad too!*
Saying good-bye to the ZOO.
I would absolutely recomend this to anyone in the area. Just bring a stroller! :)


No comments: