Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Ever just FREAK or SPASM out ~ yup, I do!

So I was at Target shopping for a Christmas dress, for the Christmas Company Party in TWO days. Yeah, not much time ~ but like I have much time anyways. I was proud of my attempt to be trendy and cute, shopping with NO KIDDOS so I could think/have a thought.

OK, so I wondered into the misses/ junior section when I realize:
  • I don't know what the heck is in style! So.... hmmm..... crud.... PANIC STARTING. I don't want to be the ackward, ugly girl. Oh Mercy.......... BLAH!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Don't FREAK Karen. So do I ask that trendy lady, holding up a dress, "Is this cute? Or even in style?" Humbling, but ..... H-E-L-P!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • OK, I think this dress is super, super cute. So I try it on and VOILA!, it fits - almost. I really needed a 4, not the 6, but I am desparate ~ remember? Do you buy a cute dress that fits decent (not great)? It is on clearance for $19 and pretty cute (I think, but really don't know. Truly I don't know, but I HOPEFULLY think that it was. Wool houndstooth on the bottom in gray, black and cranberry, gray on the top that is highwaisted with a gray belt.
  • Then I realized what shoes would you wear with this little beauty? I don't know- ballet flats, mary janes, nylons (are those even legal or arrested immediately by the FASHION POLICE?) , high boots. REAL PANIC, I am completely flustered and starting to sweat. Help, now I need more deodorant. Mercy me!!!

Now at this point I am baffled, so I walk out of the dressing room. Return the dress back to the rack when I see a DARLING sweater. Gorgeous, longer, with 3 top toggles --- on clearance for $12 and I KNOW this is trendy cuteness. So without hesitation~ I grab the sweater and pay for it and RUN off.

**Now I know, I am a mom. I don't know trendy, get stressed out shopping, and even consider buying something decent vs. amazing. HA! I never thought that day would come so soon!

2 comments:

Tony, Heidi & Oliver said...

I love Target clearance! You always look cute in all your pics! Tony's Company party is Friday night too and I bought a dress that (I think) is cute and trendy, but now I'm worried I may be *too* dressed up...So, I'm thinking a sweater with toggles too! ;-)

cowartclan said...

I love it!!! Shopping for "BIG" occassions is so fun, but YIKES, the stress! Have a GREAT time and I am sure you will look great. Toggles on sweaters are SO FUN! I can't wait to see Christmas Party pics! Mine are coming soon!