Thursday, July 15, 2010

Our favorite snack!

I am a believer in letting children help. The mess is unbelievable, the extra time ridiculous, the stress high, the memories -- PRICELESS! So thus begins our smoothie ritual with more help than I can almost handle, more laughs than imaginable!
I lay out our 5 ingredients: bananas (3) , PB, chocolate syrup, organic milk, 1/2 a blender of crushed ice!
Munchkins wash their hands

Gabe peels and puts in one banana!
broken-up into pieces



Gavin works on his banana

I snap a picture while they are occupied on banana duty! LOVE THEM!

Gabe was chosen to be the milk pourer. (he always is, go figure! :) )
Grant is on chocolate duty.

Gavin works on getting the peanut butter in!

READY TO BLEND!

AND THAT'S HOW WE ROLL AT THE COWARTS!

2 comments:

Laurel said...

Something sounds awfully familiar here......

cowartclan said...

OH YEAH! We use your brilliant smoothie idea! We love it, and I like the protein from the organic PB, plus the healthy milk and bananas. I am still thinking about trying carob chips in it to see how it tastes, but then again, we eat pretty healthy 99% of the time, so I might not even mess with a good thing!