Thursday, July 15, 2010

Hammer to the Head, anyone? Gavin??

Please notice the construction stuff outside on the patio - thus continues the story.
It is June 2010, and yes I need to work in the garden. Yes, it is COLD out so, we are all in sweats and long sleeves. Out the 4 of us go.
Well, while I am picking peas I hear a scream. The kind that stops your heart because it is real.
Gavin is holding a hammer. I am sprinting to him and swoop him up. Looking at him fingers, maybe he smashed them. Hmm... YIKES. Blood on the top of his head. I semi-freak, yelling something to Grant and Gabe along the lines, "Go to your room now. Gavin is hurt, bad. You had better NOT test me!! Go, NOW!"

I am calling the doctor, NO I DON"T WANT TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT. MY SON IS HURT AND I NEED TO TALK TO AN ADVICE NURSE. MY SON'S HEAD IS BLEEDING.
Of course, they tell me to clean it and well, it is the EXACT imprint of the hammer tine in his head. He swung it back so far that it STABBED him in the head. I choose to NOT take him in as I felt that it wasn't too deep and it stopped bleeding pretty quickly.

I call out my other two kiddos and they help me doctor up Gavin. Hydrogen Peroxide, Neosporin and Gauze. Grant and Gabriel liked helping me "play" doctor.


Well, you just know it was a rough day when you have the First-Aid kit out!


The next day we continue our cleaning regimen and my boys' favorite new game is now playing doctor.

All of the animals seemed to be VERY hurt the next day!


Gavin preparing the shot, Grant with the stethascope on!

Checking out BRUCE, the shark!

Gavin adminastering a shot!
OUCH!
Checking Leopi's Temperature!


It must be serious. The pet crate is open behind him.
Gabriel giving the dog a shot in the HINY! It was a fun day!


1 comment:

Heidi said...

Sounds like you guys better start saving up for medical school! ;-) Glad your little munchkin was OK!