Friday, June 4, 2010

Things I am learning!

  1. When you hear, "Please don't be mad mommy, " from behind a locked door. It is NEVER good.
  2. When I hear my 4 year old yelling, "Gavin Wayne- spit that out of your mouth!!!" I should definitely go and check on things.
  3. While I hate spanking and disciplining my boys, the effects of seeing their sweet hearts are a rich pay-off!
  4. Boys CAN NOT help picking up bugs, worms and slugs. It is built in to their core nature.
  5. If I send my boys outside to play, and tell them to stay clean, it is my own fault. They can't play outside and stay clean. If I don't want their clothes dirty, then I need to take their clothes off.
  6. Paying top dollar for a GREAT babysitter is important, otherwise you worry about your kids the whole time you are gone anyways.
  7. Eating healthy is expensive, but the pay off is easy to see and feel. Fresh food makes you feel ALIVE, boxed crap makes you feel gross and lethargic!
  8. Having my house picked up and looking clean is something that makes me feel GOOD.
  9. The time and energy involved in changing the sheets is always worth it when you are climbing into bed at the end of the day.
  10. Husbands still need to be creatively romanced, even after 8, almost 9, years of marriage.
  11. Good friends are good for your soul. They TRULY care about you and will laugh, cry, tell you the truth whether you want to hear it or not, are never prideful but truly can share in your joy, aren't competitive, and worth investing in. They help you remember that your name is Karen and not Mom and I am over-the-moon grateful for the great girlfriends in my life!
  12. HONESTLY, I should never start a book if I don't have time to finish it- I am the CRAZY "stay up all night until it's done" reader regardless of what I tell myself.
  13. I am learning that God knows ALL the desires of my heart. He will only give me what I am able to handle or what is BEST for me. God knows best, and I want God's best for me so I need to stop trying to coax/remind/help God figure out what is best for me and my amazing family.

No comments: