Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Herd Overheard

My sister-in-law Sarah always posts some of the funny, sweet and cute things that her kids say. I thought that I would share some of our fun....


  • We were rocking out to Raffi "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" in the van when it slows to "Out came the sun and dried up all the rain..." Gabe suddenly closes his eyes and raises his hands and tells his brothers "this is the worship part." They instantly close their eyes and raise their hands to sway with the music.

  • "Mom, I REALLY want to marry you." "Gabe honey, I am married to your Daddy." "Ahh..., it's just Daddy, and I think that he would let me marry you."

  • "The Farmer in the Dell" music comes on and Gabe comments that this is Papa John's song. I look confused, and then hear Gabe singing, "The farmer in The Dalles, The farmer in The Dalles, Hi-Ho the Cherry-O, the Farmer in the Dalles." (Papa John is a cherry orchardist in The Dalles, OR.)

  • "Gavin keep your nose in that corner, " is heard from the kitchen. "ODD, " was my first thought. I go into the kitchen and sure enough, Gavin has his nose in the corner. Gabe has his hands on his hips watching him like a hawk. I ask Gabriel what is going on and he tells me that Gavin was naughty. I set Gavin free, and Gabe and I discuss (again) who is the parent in the house.

  • I had just spanked Gabriel for defiant behavior. Corey still wanted to talk to Gabe about the whole situation. Corey comes out and informs me that I need to get tougher on the boys since Corey asked Gabe if the spanking hurt, and Gabe thoughtfully replied, "No, but don't worry, I did cry so mom would THINK it did."

  • Gabe's favorite song is HERE I AM TO WORSHIP.

His version is: Here I am to worship, Here I am to VOW down, Here I am to say that you're my God. You are all together lovely, all together WOOLY, All together wonderful to me.

  • When my dad asked Gabe how our beach was, Gabe replied, "We did good dam(n) work." My Dad was shocked and I reassured him we built a huge dam in the wet sand. YIKES!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Karen, these are all so hilarious! Your boys just sound like so much fun! I can't believe I've only met Gabe - that was when he was itty bitty! I can't wait for Oliver to start talking...

Sarah said...

Too funny. I love the hilarious things kids say.

The girls sing the same version of "The Farmer in the Dell." I even caught Haley singing it "The Dalles" the other day. Makes perfect sense to them, and for the same reason!