Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Trip to the Children's Museum

My first thought was: WOW! This place is EXPENSIVE! ($40 for the fam!)
My second thought was: WOW! This place is AMAZING!
Here is the water room where they can dump, pour, and play with WATER!

What kid doesn't like water! Gavin was playing in the area where they can race the ducks/boats down! You can also set up the course. Corey loved doing this with our kids!

Grant was all over. He was ULTRA excited!

Gabriel setting up a new course for him and Gavin to race their boats!

Corey and the boys pausing for a picture. Gabe still playing/ Gavin asleep (kidding!) and Corey and Grant looking!

Gabe taking a picture of Corey and I!

The 4 boys!


All 3 of our monkeys loved brushing the alligator's teeth.

I think Corey is DONE! D*O*N*E, done!

Not Gavin though, he finally has a computer that he can type on!

Grant's turn!

Gabriel typing in the doctor/hospital area!

YIKES! I suddenly went ILL and needed a doctor!

Now we are working on Gavin!

Corey giving me the Look! "Can we please be done!?"


Gavin is still out of breath and panting ~ but fully recovered!


Grant is now on the operating table! He will be fixed up in NO time!

** We played in the digging area, water area, clay area, food and grocery area, Kangaroo Crossing exhibit, building area, hospital area and climbed in the overhead forts. Such fun!
Ending our day on a good note and leaving before we get too hungry, tired or fall apart! Our boys loved the Children's Museum! What a fun outing!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

How fun! I wish we lived closer...I'm excited to be able to do stuff like that with Oliver!

$40 IS expensive though...yikes! Do they have a yearly pass? I'm thinking of getting a family pass to the San Diego zoo next year...I haven't checked if there's a children's museum close by!

Laurel said...

Fun! Patrick and I were just talking about going there. $40 is a lot though.

cowartclan said...

Heidi- I wish you lived closer too! We would have tons of fun hauling our little monkeys around!!! We have a Zoo pass this year, so no children's museum pass! I do like the zoo pass better though. The only downer of the museum is that, I KID YOU NOT, was that TONS of the parents walk the kids from room to room, turn the kids loose and the parents text on their IPHONES the WHOLE time. They don't interact with their kids at all. It bugged Corey and I both ~ what a fun and easy place to PLAY with your kids. The place was amazing!

cowartclan said...

Laurel ~ it is only $8/person, regardless of age + parking (we had a zoo pass, so didn't have to pay parking). It is still decently expensive to do very often. It's fun though and big with TONS to get through!

Heidi said...

Oh geez, the iPhone craziness! I hear ya. What a perfect place to interact with your kiddos, and so easy to have fun. Plus, it's kind of a shame to waste that much money just to play on your iPhone! :-)