Sunday, March 25, 2012

Snow ball or Wiffle Ball?

So what is your guess?
 My oldest, who feels/felt awful by the way, NAILED me in a week where it was Sunny and 60 degrees on a Monday and 30 degrees by Wednesday with snow.

Ahh... life with boys.  This is a first.  Not my first broken nose - just my first big injury from my kids.
I preceded to have a nasty scab, 2 blackish eyes- you can see them starting, and an oddly swollen nose that STILL hurts.


Answer- Wiffle ball, on a sunny Monday I was tossing a felt covered wiffle ball to Gabe and he CRACKED it perfect and it  popped me right in the nose.  Today- it is still sore and has a wierd chip of bone loose or poking up that you can see from one side of my profile. 

Up side- I have some AMAZING baseball athletes in my home!!!

6 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh Karen, ouch! Did you go to the doctor?!

cowartclan said...

No! I just keep hoping it will heal ~~~ soon? maybe? :) I have broken my nose before and the rebrake was JUST AS BAD. I think that Gabe just chipped or cracked a piece of the bone.

Chris and Sarah said...

Oh my gosh!!! Do you really think it is broken?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? He must feel TERRIBLE!!!! Sorry!!! YIKES! I can't believe it!

cowartclan said...

Oh ladies. You both have boys, just WAIT!! Especially if they are sporty.

And Gabe is so sad about it that I don't even bring it up. I just freak when anyone or anything comes near my nose. HA!! It is kinda funny now! Ya NOSE how it GOES!

Lisa said...

Oh, OUCH, Karen! I'm so sorry!!! I hope it is feeling better now and healing. :( When my oldest was almost 2 he smacked the back of his head against my mouth. It chipped one of my front teeth but worse than that, it damaged the tooth enough that it slowly discolored over the next several years and I finally had to have it capped last fall, it was dying. Who knew the scars of motherhood would go so far beyond stretch marks and vericose veins?!

cowartclan said...

Ba, Ha, Ha!! I know- right!!??!!! My stretch marks- twin tummy/ twin pack kinda freaks me out, let alone the kids!!! I also have to try not to pee a little when I sneeze, laugh too hard to when I jump on the trampoline. If you had ever told me this stuff earlier- I would have SHOCKED and completely horrified/and grossed out. Now it is just the normal.