Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Half Marathon - Checked off the Bucket List!

My best friend Erika inspired me to run. We decided we would pick: a distance - a race - train separately and then come together for a weekend and RUN!!! We chose the Girlfriends' Half Marathon here in Vancouver, WA. So 13.1 miles YIKES, but Erika got me a training schedule and I started in full force. I realized this was the THING I had done JUST FOR ME alone since I have had Gabriel (ummm... like 5 years ago.) It felt GOOD. I like running, and I got quicker/stronger and LOVED the pounding of the pavement. I had time to think, be quiet, relax, talk to God, and on the longer runs run with my friend Angie. Oh how I loved chatting on our weekend runs as they grew from 6 miles to 7, 8, 9, and 10. Wow!! I really liked running and felt great!
So here Erika, Me and Angie are ready to leave. Gavin and Gabe are excited that it is Mommy's Big Race Day. Corey brought them to the finish line!!
Here I am crazy excited and ready to RUN!!! I trained so HARD!!!
That is me in the pink finishing the last stretch!!!
Heck YES!!! I made it and was greeted by my 4 favorite guys!!!
Me and my Bestie - Finished/Inspired and Tired!
OK, I might still be on CLOUD NINE! I ran 13.1 miles in 2 Hours - 17 minutes. I broke my goal of 2 Hr. 30 minutes!! Not too shabby for a 32 year old mama of 3!

No comments: