It was party time folks!
This year Gavin and Grant chose a COWBOY - Shoot 'Em Up Party!
*OK, bring it!*
1. We started with two birthday boys decked out in: Cowboy Hats, Bandanas, Sheriff Badges- Oriental Trading and a Cowboy vest and pants - Amazon. Why? Well, why not?
(All the little buckaroos recieved a hat, bandana and badge!)
2. The Food - We had cupcakes, cookies, S'mores for sweets. Fruit, Chips and Veggies too!
3. Setting the stage(get it!!!) - We made a Root Beer Saloon and Jail from freezer and dryer boxes.
We also had our water table filled with water and gold spray painted peat gravel so they panned with gold, saloon style doors on the way into the kitchen and a candle shoot out with squirt guns!! FUN!!! They loved it!
4. Getting crafty - I bought some scrapbooking paper (for banner and the back of these), white circles, twine, and a star stamp. So cute and perfect for the cowboy day!
5. My intention was to write sheriff. Hard to write much, so LAW did the trick. Sugar cookie!
6. Bringing the Husband into help. My hubby made the saloon doors. He is the best!
7. The Costco Thomas Kemper pack was enjoyed by ALL. Yum-O!
8. A couple of gifts for the Deputy and Sheriff!
9. Openning presents was fun! They loved all the generous gifts. Thanks ya'll!
10. Singing- Happy Birthday and then a WISH!!!
11. I tried making a banner as cowboy party stuff was hard to find, so a Bestie and I settled in and busted out the banner and cupcake toppers in 2.5 hours. Oh yeah! I loved the denim matting the pattern print!
12. The whole banner on the way outside to the candle/water gun shooting.
Mama is happy. Her boys were pleased and I can rest until March until the next birthday!
You know what, the Jail and Saloon were the favorite and a great addition to the inside January party! I would highly recommend making your props! Fun for all!
"The Sheriff says Back to JAIL Cowboy!"