Thursday, October 13, 2011

Letter A - A is for ANTS , Alligator & ACORN

So, I am doing for it. God willing- I will stick with it. I am doing Pre-School with my 2 youngest. I sat down, picked a letter of the week ( a matching theme or 2) and have begun.
This week we began with A is for Alligator and for 3 days did that theme with books and crafts, letter writing and science. This project was fun! We made A's , resembling Alligators.
1. We painted the sticks, let dry (while they cleaned up), had them cut some TRIANGLE teeth, and then hot glue-gunned our Alligator together. 2 tongue depressors down, 1 popsicle stick across HOT GLUE Then HOT GLUE the eye and teeth. EASY PEASY NICE AND EASY!!
These were quick, easy, effective and CUTE. ***The hand eye cordination is EXCELLENT through the painting and holding, cutting of the teeth and laying out the pieces to be glued by the MOMMA (me.)
Here were our main crafts : Alligator A's, Finger painted ANTS carrying A's (such a fun way to sneak in practice writingthe letter "A"!!!) and Acorns (for fall and the LONG A).
Our Acorns were so fun as we tore up old paper bags and worked on glueing. They were fun, but almost too tedious for our little guys.
They were "pooped" after all the tearing. Oh well, we survived!!
Watch for our Letter of the Week projects as I need some serious accountability.

No comments: