Tuesday, September 1, 2009

MUDPIES!!

Yesterday, Corey taught our boys how to make mudpies. That was amusing and seemingly harmless at the time. After today, I am RETHINKING my feelings about mudpies.

Enjoy!!
I see all 3 boys playing nicely together!
Oh boy!! Are they ever having fun!!

Gabe tells them that he will throw in the ingredients (dirt) while they stir up the batter.
Gavin is doing a full arm stir!

Grant is very proud of his "cooking" skills.


Nothing like a good mud bath, I hear that it is good for the skin.
" Look Mom, we are FILTHY!" Gabe's new fave word.... hmm.......
My favorite picture of Gavin. He looks like Spot the Dog.
I think Gavin's work there was done. :)
"My head is itchy mom..." UGH!
Boys will be boys!!
"I'm done mom! Look at the pie! Let's cook it."
Somebody likes the dirt! (Grant!)

My master chefs!!!
TA-DA!
All 3 were stripped down, hosed off and promptly put in the tub.



Look at that water!



Clean feet!


OK, so after a hosing off outside, the bath, I STILL drained the water and had them stand up and take a shower for at least 10 minutes- rewashing for round 2. Dressed and straight to bed for naps. Don't worry I then scrubbed down the bath. Whew!!
OH, the joys of boys!!

2 comments:

Chris and Sarah said...

Oh Karen, I LOVE LOVE LOVE those pictures! Serious blackmail as they walk out the door on Homecoming/Prom night...... hilarious! They just got for free what many people pay for at the spa! Mud wrap?!? I'd try it.... :)

Heidi said...

Karen, this is so hilarious! Ahh, the things I have to look forward to!